A while ago, after filling my MacBookPro disk, I (stupidly!) moved my Mail (all IMAP or Gmail) folders to an external disk (using
Terminal). After cleaning up my disk, I did
Mailbox > Rebuild
on each of my Mail folders, but on my work IMAP account my files has mostly disappeared, so I had to recover them from a backup performed by the IT dept. at work. However, several problems arose:
- the folders are no longer in
- the Message List is often incomplete (but using Spotlight helps locate the missing messages)
- the Rules and Signatures have disappeared.
What should I do?
- Copy the mailbox contents from another Mac (desktop, High Sierra)? What precise files (and Preference files) should I copy?
- Upgrade my laptop MacOS to Mojave (hoping for the Mail folders to magically appear in