Three times tonight, my iPad has popped up “this accessory is not supported by this iPad.”
- Nothing is plugged into the lightning port.
- A GPS device that can connect was far out of range.
- my wife’s iPhone is in range but it never connects, and it is almost always in range. If it were that, I’d see this every day.
- don’t think it’s the WiFi/router, because I witnessed nothing unusual in internet access.
- there is a smart keyboard¹ in the house, but it’s the kind that connects to an iPad Pro, and neither has been used in about a year.
So, ruled out anything I can think of; what might it be that I missed?
Something similar happened another day long ago in a tiny rural village in another country (suggesting it’s not an intrusion attempt).
¹should be called a stupid keyboard, but that rant is irrelevant to this question.