First of all, I know that I can do this with a 3rd party app like Contexts. But I would like to do it with the native macOS app switcher.
How to reproduce the "bug"
- Monitor 1
- Space 1: Safari (not in fullscreen)
- Space 2: Xcode window #1 (not in fullscreen)
- Monitor 2
- Space 1: Xcode window #2 (not in fullscreen)
You are in monitor 1/space 2, then with
CMD-TAB you select Safari, as expected the new active space is monitor 1/space 1.
Now you want to go on your last Xcode window, so with
CMD-TAB you select Xcode.
- Current behavior: The new layout is monitor 1 with space 1 and monitor 2 with space 1. The active space is monitor 2 with space 1.
- Expected behavior: Monitor 1 with space 2 and monitor 2 with space 1. The active space is monitor 1 with space 2.
Is anybody knows why the app switcher does not let me move to the most recent window of Xcode?