I just bought an iPhone app knowing that it may or may not provide the feature which was the entire reason for me buying it. I figured I could always get a refund if it doesn't do what I want. It doesn't. But now I've realized I don't know how to get a refund. Is it possible?
I have not had success with "Reporting a problem," because my requests have been ignored in three different cases now.
Here's my workflow that has worked for me each time:
- Purchase App
- Find something wrong with App
- Report a problem (it will be ignored, but do this just to say you did)
- Contact credit card provider and dispute the charge with your reasons (mine are usually "software did not work at all" or "as promised")
- Wait 3-5 business days
- Credit card provider resolves dispute, issues refund
- Apple disables AppleID due to "security risk" of account access
- Contact apple support by emailing or asking for a phone call
- Wait 1-2 business days for response
- Kindly explain what happened, they respond by following a walkthrough of re-enabling your account after verifying security questions
In iTunes, go to Store ->View My Account ->Purchase History. Select Report a Problem. Fill out the form explaining what happened, and Apple will get back to you with information about whether your refund has been approved or denied.