I have a Sony trv 340, and need to firewire from the cam to my Macbook, but have no idea what is need for the Mac. Do I need a male end or a female to go to the laptop? I have no idea what I’m looking at, and don't even know how to start searching.

Any help appreciated!

  • sony.com/electronics/support/camcorders-tape-camcorders/… . See if this helps. The link in “ilink” talks well about connections and also refers to an apple support article. – ankiiiiiii Mar 16 at 7:08
  • Thank you both very much @nohillside and gummibando great info great answers. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to help. Thank you. ✌️✌️✌️✌️✊✊👍👍🙌🙌🙌 – Melvin Markis Mar 17 at 17:49

Assuming that your machine is indeed a MacBook Pro 2011, you need a Firewire 800 (9-pin) to MiniDV (4-pin Firewire or i.Link in Sony speak) cable. Something like this:



  • Thank you @gummibando for taking the time out to help. Thank you very very much. ✊❤️🙌🙌🙌🙌 – Melvin Markis Mar 17 at 17:50

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .