I have photos in the photos app on my Mac from a previous "back up" and now I would like to bring them back to my phone without having to use iCloud photo library. Is there a way to do it?
I would first send the photos on your iPhone back to your Mac using AirDrop. This way you will get ALL iPhone photos on your mac, which you can then import in the Photos app on your Mac. After that you can then sync all photos back to your iPhone with iTunes:
- First make a successful backup of your iPhone with iTunes.
- Settings -> General -> AirDrop -> Contacts only
- Open Finder
- Click Go in the menu bar and select AirDrop
- Allow me to be discoverd by -> Contacts only
- Open Photos
- Select all photos
- Tap the sharing button
- Wait untill AirDrop finds your Mac and click it
- accept the popup window asking you to accept the photos
Import the Photos to the Photos app
Lastly, you can now sync your iPhone with iTunes to transfer all photos/the albums you want to your iPhone. But note that this will erase the media items synced with the previous library (music,podcasts,audiobooks etc.)