The three-button mouse on my iMac is showing some weird behavior:
- Clicking once selects something
- Clicking twice selects everything
- Scroll wheel does a horizontal scroll (instead of vertical)
- Vertical scroll must be done by dragging with the mouse
- To deselect, I have to use arrow keys
- Clicking on a url opens in a new window instead of the same window.
What I have tried so far:
- Playing with settings in System Preferences
- The mouse is of Logitech brand but is not detected by "Logitech options". I tried a different Logitech mouse with the same result. So it is not a hardware problem because I was able to reproduce it with both mice.
- The only remedy I have found is to restart the computer. But within an hour or so, the problem comes back.