To open Salesforce links within Salesforce app, you should encode them following the correct scheme.
A request to Salesforce for Android and iOS URL scheme follows this format:
Let’s break down each parameter of the URL scheme format:
- scheme_name: Supported Salesforce for Android and iOS scheme names.
- sObject: Indicates a single instance of a Salesforce object.
- id: The unique single instance of a Salesforce object. id lengths of 15 and
- 18 characters are supported.
- action: Supported URL scheme operations
For example, to open Salesforce for Android and iOS and navigate to a specific record, the URL scheme will look similar to:
Salesforce supports the following scheme_name parameters for URL schemes:
These are the available action parameters for URL schemes.
- view: Navigates the user to the Salesforce app to view a record in detail.
- edit: Navigates the user to the edit detail page of a record.
- home: Navigates the user to the home page of an object.
- download: Download any version of a file.
- follow: Follow users to see their posts, comments, and likes in your feed.
Note: The user must have proper permissions to view, edit, download, etc within Salesforce directly, so if it's not opening the correct section of the Salesforce app - first validate they have access to the actions you're attempting to bring them to - otherwise they usually end up on the home screen.