I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro and am transferring files from a brand new external SSD hard drive. Performance is much lower than I expected.
The picture is showing ~44 MBps, which has been on par for this file transfer.
Here are the specs I'm working with and my research so far:
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
- Samsung T3 Portable SSD - 1TB - USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PT1T0B/AM)
- Physically connected using the Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable that came in the box
Some research and notes:
- Hard drive is not full
- External drive is not full
- Mac is using FileVault
- External drive is using FileVault
How can I diagnose this performance issue further?