I've attached an External Monitor to my Macbook Pro via Display Port. I have noticed that when I've logged into my account that the Status Bar fonts, like the clock, battery percentage and icons, appear very blurry/pixelated. I've attempted the following to fix the issue: switch to a HDMI cable, changing the font-smoothing and anti-aliasing, and finally resetting pram and smc.
Recently I've noticed that when I'm NOT logged into my OSX profile/account that the fonts appear normal, not blurry or pixelated. It seems the problem only occurs after my profile has loaded. What could the issue be and how can I resolve it?
- Macbook Pro: Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014
- OSX: 10.14.1 (The problem persisted before the update)
- Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB
- Connection: Display-Port
- External Monitor: ASUS VE248Q 24" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms DisplayPort HDMI VGA Monitor
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
EDIT: After further investigation I created a secondary Profile on my machine. This machine, post login, displays the fonts correctly in the Status bar and various other areas. Some text is still blurry, but it is a big improvement. How do I add this to my main profile?