I tried to print out a huge text file to a PDF file (DIN A4 landscape or A3 landscape). Unfortunately, every way I try, I always lose the formatting of the tabs I used for tabbing some tables with the tabulator key.
The problem seems to be, that PDF does not see the tabs or rather "translates" them to spaces of different width or whatever. Basically all (primitively done) tables are gone after converting to PDF, but in GEdit and TextEdit with a Monotype style font everything looks nice.
I just do not have a clue how to avoid this. Actually, I just want to have a one-to-one translation from a text file to a PDF, without having to work over 60 pages of tabbed tables.