I'm new to iOS and trying to understand how to use Bedtime. Its documentation is sparse to nonexistent, and learning by trial and error is naturally impeded by the 24-hour cycle, so I've come here in the hope that others have already elucidated a more complete understanding of its behavior and intended use.
This just happened:
- 20:30 Set bedtime to 22:30–06:30.
- 23:50 Set bedtime to 00:00–08:00.
- 00:00 Start sleeping.
- 06:45 Stop sleeping. Start carrying the phone in my pocket while listening to a podcast.
- 07:42 Wonder about #252617. Dismiss the "Do Not Disturb During Bedtime" notification. Open and close the Bedtime screen.
- 08:00 The wake-up alarm rings. Tap the stop button.
- The sleep interval is recorded as either 00:00–06:45 or 00:00–08:00.
The sleep interval is recorded as 07:42–08:00:
I don't understand how it came to that conclusion.
- What is the mechanism by which that happened?
- What should I do differently next time to ensure that the recorded interval more accurately reflects when I actually slept?