Lets say there is monthly recurring documents that I scan, rename, relocate and tag. I would like to use automator to make this easier. The idea is the following:
- Create a folder action that is attached to the location where I would like to store the document.
- Move the scanned file to folder to trigger the workflow.
- Get a prompt ("Ask for text") for the year and month the document is for. (e.g. 2018-10)
- Combine the result with a fixed text (e.g. Document_Subject_).
- Rename the Document accordingly. Here to "Document_Subject_2018-10.xxx"
- Add Custom Tags
As of now I do feel kind of stupid as I am not getting anywhere. All the examples I could find regarding "Rename Finder Item" did not help.
What did work for me is to drop a file into a folder with attached workflow and have it automatically renamed and tagged. However the name is set in the automator and the tag is one of the available standard color tags. Both things are not what I need and I have not been able to adapt them to my need.
Thanks for any help!
I have found a partial solution to my problem. The workflow is not a simple as desired but does everything but points 1, 2 and 6. above. Point 6 (Add custom tags) is the one I would really like to add.