How do I adjust the display duration of images used in the Mojave screensaver?
- You'll need to disable System Integrity Protection first(see here)(only need to do it temporarily)
- Open Finder and hit ⌘-Shift-G to open the "Go to..." window.
- Paste in
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Slideshows.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Contentand hit "Go".
- When changing system files, it's always a good idea to have a backup, so make a copy of the file
EffectDescriptions.plistbefore editing it.
EffectDescriptions.plistin a text editor of your choice.
- (Use ⌘-F to find it faster) find the key entry
JustASlide, then find the child entry
- The default entry should be 3, and you can change this value to whatever you want.
- Save the file(you may need to provide your username & password because it's a system file).
- IMPORTANT: Enable SIP again by following the same steps to disable it, except instead of typing
csrutil disable, type
If you are unable to open/save the file after disabling SIP, try opening the application from the terminal using
sudo(ex for TextEdit: