macOS configured per-application keyboard shortcuts including at least ⌥+⇧ (Option+Shift) are broken.
Occurs with Google Chrome version:
69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
And macOS Mojave, version:
And the previous version of macOS,
Problem: When you configure an application-specific macOS keyboard shortcut for Google Chrome that includes holding the keys ⌥ and ⇧, and pressing any other key, it doesn't work. It may also work for keyboard shortcuts for other modifiers, but I haven't checked.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to the "Keyboard" preferences pane in System Preferences, then click on the "Shortcuts" tab
- Select "App Shortcuts" from the left window pane
- Click the "+" button to add a new app shortcut
- Select "Google Chrome" as the Application, and "Select Next Tab" as the Menu Title, and press ⌥+⇧+K as the keyboard shortcut
- Click "Add" to save the application-specific shortcut
- Open Chrome and notice that not only does it not work, it actually prints a "" symbol if you have focus on any text field
This probably happens because Chrome is likely ignoring keyboard shortcuts and interpreting keypresses as Unicode shortcuts.
Is this a bug in Google Chrome?
Do you also see this behaviour?