I recently purchased a 27" 5K iMac (2017 model) and am trying to use a KOTION EACH G9000 3.5mm Game Gaming Headphone with it.
The headphones work fine, but I'm having problems using the microphone. The Microphone is recognised in System Preferences > Sound, but isn't working when I play Fortnite.
So far I've:
- played around with Fortnite's settings
- plugged/unplugged the headset
- purchased and tried using a 3.5mm/USB adapter
- restarted the iMac
- ensured all my software is up-to-date
- checked with Apple on whether they sell an Apple-branded headset
Is this a hardware capability issue? If not, how might I troubleshoot this further? Am I missing something in the settings somewhere?
My goal is to play Fortnite, enjoy music, and start recording once I sort out the microphone issue.
Here are two screenshots to show my current Sound preferences: