Since a week or so, the "Sharing via WiFi" option in VLC on my iPad has stopped working.
I used to be able to browse (from my laptop) to my iPad's IP address, and I could drag & drop videos there to play in VLC. Doesn't work anymore, there is no connection at all (as if the iPad is simply not there).
I went through a series of troubleshooting steps:
- Wifi and internet are working fine on both the laptop and iPad.
- I have rebooted both my laptop and the iPad
- I have tried switching off and on the WiFi on both laptop and iPad
- Also tried from a windows 10 laptop, same result
- iPad is running iOS 10, laptop is macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra (VLC wifi sharing has been working on these just fine)
- VLC version on iPad is 3.1.2 (latest available)
- No chromecast or anything is involved
- Both are in the same LAN subnet: laptop = 192.168.145.24, iPad = 192.168.145.29
- When I try
nmap 192.168.145.29(optionally also with
-p 80) from the laptop, it says "host down".
Anyone would have any suggestion to get VLC's WiFi sharing working again?