I was running out of space on my Windows 10 install and needed to expand it. I restarted in High Sierra and downloaded Camptune. When I started Camptune, the program said my Boot Camp had errors and I needed to fix them to use the program. I let it do that, only to find out the free version only allows 2GB of expansion (useless).
I restarted to go back to Windows 10, and was disappointed to see that Camptune ruined my Windows 10 boot options. It removed Boot Camp from the boot options menu and deleted/relocated the W10 boot sectors. I had it set to auto-boot to Windows, and now I get the "no boot disc detected" error.
The volume is intact and files are still there. I had over 190GB of files in that partition. I'm taking computer programming and had homework on there too.
Things I've tried so far:
- diskutil in Mac, no errors found on Boot Camp drive
- Camptune, it doesn't recognize Boot Camp partition at all now
- REFIT/REFIND, I couldn't install these because the drive is encrypted on boot and SIP can't be turned off
- Windows 10 recovery with the Boot Camp USB I used to install it the first time; can't automatically fix startup issues; gives me an error when I try to mount to new drive letter as per that post's answer
How do I fix this?
Edit for Dave:
I already confirmed that the drives were in diskutil. Here's the diskutil list command:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.3 GB disk0 1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1 2: Apple_CoreStorage Mac 299.4 GB disk0s2 3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3 4: Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP 199.5 GB disk0s4 /dev/disk1 (internal, virtual): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: Apple_HFS Mac +299.1 GB disk1 Logical Volume on disk0s2 B933C069-F78E-4BCE-9BDF-6AE1C7F07CE8 Unlocked Encrypted /dev/disk2 (external, physical): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: FDisk_partition_scheme *16.2 GB disk2 1: DOS_FAT_32 WININSTALL 16.2 GB disk2s1
MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacOS is encrypted. I sent an email to the refind programmer for instructions on how to bypass SIP.