I've got an interesting situation on my work Mac. Quite often some particular sites stop loading (one of the examples - msnbc.com). I would get the following error message:
Safari Can’t Open the Page
Safari can’t open the page “www.msnbc.com” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding.
The only remedy at this point is to go to Safari preference and clear cache/cookies for this particular domain.
Here is various pieces of troubleshooting/triangulation I've tried:
- This happens on my work Mac, but not on my laptop
- This doesn't happen in Chrome (although I use it rarely)
- It is quote often (msnbc.com for example stops working after about a day or so)
- All updates are installed (High Sierra 10.13.6, Safari 11.1.2)
- It happens for some particular sites only
- I do use "Ghostery" ad blocker if it matters
- Number of affected sites is relatively low (~5?)
Any idea how to fix it once and for all?