I'm not sure if I have an issue or if what I am seeing is by Apple-design. I have an iPad Pro (11.4) that I have the Personal Hotspot switched on.
- My iPad Pro is active and screen on.
- I connect my iPhoneX (11.4) to the iPad Hotspot.
- Everything works fine.
- I sat working on laptop and then the iPhone X and iPad screen locked. After X minutes I then unlock iPhone to check email etc..
- The iPhone X has disconnected from the hotspot and is back to using the cellular plan on my iPhone. If I go to Settings -> Wi-Fi then my iPad is not listed.
- To make the hotspot reconnect I have to go back to my iPad and toggle the Personal HotSpot switch (On -> Off -> On).
Is this by design or not? Should the iPhone remain connected if the devices screen lock?