Is there a keyboard shortcut in Chrome (on OS X) to let me select the web page content? Sometimes after I go to a web page I want to start scrolling using my space bar but it gets stuck in a textbox or in the address bar, etc. I can hit tab many times to get to the web content but it'll cycle through all my toolbar and menu items first.

Google's website lists this for the Windows version. I'm looking for something similar on the Mac side.

F6 or Shift+F6

Switches focus to the next keyboard-accessible pane. Panes include:

  • Address bar
  • Bookmarks bar (if visible)
  • The main web content (including any infobars)
  • Downloads bar (if visible)


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .