After working fine for days, my Mac has started freezing temporarily. This is triggered by switching between applications. This freeze may last a couple of seconds to a minute or even more. After that, everything works as if nothing happened. When I switch to another app, it will happen again. I can only stop this by rebooting the Mac. Then it works fine again, even when switching between apps.
Some additional info:
- I was not able to pinpoint a single app to cause this issue. Once it occurs, it occurs on every switch, no matter between which applications.
- It doesn't matter how I switch, either CMD-TAB or by selecting an other apps window by mouse, the problem is the same.
- The problem occurs both with external monitors attached and when working "stand alone". (Before, I thought it had to do with external monitors, but recently the problem occurred when I was working "stand alone", so that theory is off the table.)
- The problem occurs every couple of days now.
- Normally, I never shutdown or reboot my Mac. I just close the lid and it goes to sleep until I open the lid again.
- macOS version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Does someone have had a similar problem? If so, what was the cause en did you find a solution? If not, where do I start to look for possible causes?