I have a MacBook Pro with touch bar from late 2016. I was using my MacBook Pro normally by watching video's. After a view video's I closed my MacBook Pro and came back later. When I opened it again I discovered that the haptic feedback was no longer functioning.
My track pad was fully functional, I was able to click, to use right button, to use Force Touch and move the cursor normally. The only thing that wasn't working was the haptic feedback. I didn't change anything in the settings.
A small list of everything I tried:
- Fully shutdown, and restart
- SMC reset
- ^ Control⇧ Shift⌥ Option ⦿ Power while power on
- ^ Control⇧ Shift⌥ Option ⦿ Power while power off
- NVRAM reset
- By rebooting pressing CommandOptionPR and waiting for 20 secs
- Booting while holding D, gave as result: "ADP000", no problems found
- Starting in Safe Mode, no result
- Booting from a USB stick with a clean install of macOS
None of these procedures worked for me. I' hoping that someone who had the same issue knows a fix. Otherwise, I might contact Apple. I'm able to use my MacBook Pro normally but it just bothers me the haptic feedback isn't working.