So recently I broke the display of my Macbook by closing the lid with an item inside. I have repaired the LCD myself, however, when I was making the repair I cracked the glass screen cover.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a new glass screen cover (13", touchbar model). I've had a look around but I can only seem to find listings for both the LCD and the glass...



You have to replace the whole assembly.

The LCD and the glass are glued together so it's next to impossible for the average repair person to separate the two. (Technically, they can be unglued, but it requires specialized equipment).

These are tough to source and expensive (PN# 661-05095). You may have to get it from a Apple repair shop or surf eBay for a "parts" MBP and salvage the screen.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .