I am using a macbook with two external monitors. Frequently, I lock the computer, my windows are on a different screen then when the computer was locked.
- Open PyCharm on monitor #1
- Open Chrome, iTerm2, etc on monitor #2
- Lock computer
- (Maybe wait for a few minutes?)
- Unlock computer
Windows are now randomly distributed. This may mean any of the following:
- Windows are reversed - PyCharm is now on monitor #2 and everything else is on monitor #1
- All windows are on monitor #1
- All windows are on monitor #2
There seem to be multiple variants of this problem. It seems to occur both when the lid of the laptop is open and when it is closed. I haven't used the computer with a single external monitor, so not sure if the issue occurs then. One related issue is that sometimes it will not recognize one or both of the monitors and I need to unplug/replug the monitor to allow the computer to recognize the monitor.
Info on my system:
(Maybe related) Mission Control: