I installed a brand new 10.13 a few days ago. I downloaded it from the App Store and I installed all updates. I'm runnning Safari Version 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.4).
Somehow I managed to log into Google, but I can't log into any other website. Safari does the following when entering text into
password fields – on every other webpage except for Google:
- the first character is entered
- after that, it looks like the last character is removed after keyup
- this happens when using the internal or an external keyboard
Normal fields like
textarea etc. work fine, though.
Here's a gif showing the problem – no Backspace or Shift+Del is pressed. This happens just in Safari – Chrome and Firefox work fine:
I have the following settings:
- autofill: don't store passwords and credit card information
- no extensions are installed
- Adobe Acrobat plug-in is installed
I tried to change the settings and to disable the Arcobat plug-in, but nothing changed.
It seems that macOS’ autocorrection kicks in. I noticed this behavior in a password-field that could be switched to plaintext: Characters get replaced with emojis. For example:
… was turned into: