I've had a previous MBP (5,3) with battery swelling. Looking around the stackexchange it doesn't seem too unusual even on newer models.
A bit of reading I've seen tells me this can be caused by keeping devices charged at 100%. I've been using fruit juice to remind me to unplug regularly. As I already have a system to alert me of when the battery is at a certain charge level, this is not what I'm looking for.
I was wondering if there's anything I could do to charge the battery on my current MBP (11,3) to a safe level, eg. ~80% charged, and keep it at that level while plugged in to the charger?