2

My MacBook Air (2017) currently has 3 OSes: MacOS, Windows, and Ubuntu (making it work was a nightmare). Yesterday when I opened up rEFInd, only MacOS and the Ubuntu stub loader (which, fortunately, still works) was there. All my partitions were still there, but...

That was it

...only the MacOS boot loader showed up in the EFI partition.

I suspect that this happened after the recent MacOS update that I did. Now I only have the option to boot into MacOS or Ubuntu.

Output of $ diskutil list:

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.3 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         236.0 GB   disk0s2
   3:                  Apple_HFS U                       1000.0 MB  disk0s3
   4:                 Apple_Boot                         134.2 MB   disk0s4
   5:                  Apple_HFS Unused                  5.0 GB     disk0s5
   6:                  Apple_HFS rEFInd                  200.0 MB   disk0s6
   7:         Microsoft Reserved                         16.8 MB    disk0s7
   8:           Linux Filesystem                         49.9 GB    disk0s8
   9:       Microsoft Basic Data WinData                 75.1 GB    disk0s9
  10:       Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP                125.1 GB   disk0s10

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +236.0 GB   disk1
                                 Physical Store disk0s2
   1:                APFS Volume Macintosh HD            206.9 GB   disk1s1
   2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 24.7 MB    disk1s2
   3:                APFS Volume Recovery                517.8 MB   disk1s3
   4:                APFS Volume VM                      2.1 GB     disk1s4

Output of $ sudo gpt -r show disk0:

      start       size  index  contents
          0          1         PMBR
          1          1         Pri GPT header
          2         32         Pri GPT table
         34          6
         40     409600      1  GPT part - C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B
     409640       2008
     411648  460937496      2  GPT part - 7C3457EF-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
  461349144    1953120      3  GPT part - 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
  463302264     262144      4  GPT part - 426F6F74-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
  463564408    9827280      5  GPT part - 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
  473391688     262144
  473653832     390624      6  GPT part - 48465300-0000-11AA-AA11-00306543ECAC
  474044456       2008
  474046464      32768      7  GPT part - E3C9E316-0B5C-4DB8-817D-F92DF00215AE
  474079232   14611656
  488690888   97394104      8  GPT part - 0FC63DAF-8483-4772-8E79-3D69D8477DE4
  586084992  146765184      9  GPT part - EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
  732850176  244252672     10  GPT part - EBD0A0A2-B9E5-4433-87C0-68B6B72699C7
  977102848       2179
  977105027         32         Sec GPT table
  977105059          1         Sec GPT header

And for those who are confused by my setup, I used the "alternative solution" in this question.

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .