The ONLY time it's booted since it's been in my possession was when it was in the Apple Store, when it ran the Apple Diagnostics.
What I've tried is:
- resetting the SMC (no reaction)
- using power on pads, which makes the MagSafe turn green for 2 seconds, and back to amber.
- unplugging the battery and plugging it back in
- plugging the MagSafe while battery is unplugged
- unplugging keyboard from macbook and power on pads
Regardless of what I try, when I plug it in, it does the same thing. Fans won't spin up, and when I leave the MagSafe plugged in for about 10 minutes, it's noticeable that heat is coming from the part where the MagSafe usually is.
I don't want to throw it out and get a new one, I really want to get this one working, since new MacBooks are too expensive.