Since you've established that you don't have the problem in Safe Mode, but still do after logging in normally again, then it's time to investigate login items, fonts, and kernel extensions
Investigating login items, fonts, and kernel extensions
Let's start with Login Items:
- Startup normally
- Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups
- Select the Login Items tab
- Take a note of your Login Items
- Now remove all of them by highlighting them and clicking on the - button below
- Restart your computer
Now your Mac will boot up without those login items loading. Test this and see if the problem persists:
- If the problem goes away you know one (or more) of the Login items were causing the problem. You can then add them back in one by one until you've identified the culprit. Problem solved.
- If the problem does persist, it's either a problem with fonts you've installed yourself or with a 3rd party kernel extension. A little more info below:
Fonts:- You can remove any of the fonts you've installed yourself to see if this makes a difference.
Kernel Extensions:- You can open Terminal (found within your Utilites folder) and enter the following command:
kextstat | grep -v com.apple
The above command will list 3rd party kernel extensions (you may need to stretch the Terminal window so it's easier to read). Look for anything you don't remember installing, or something that belongs to software you've removed, or just anything that looks out of place. Remember though, this is a list of 3rd party kernel extensions and therefore any of them could be causing the problem.
A final word
Finally, as an aside, MBP models usually range from about 40ºC (104ºF) to 100ºC (212ºF) depending on whether the CPU is idle or under load. CPU temps (just like ambient temperatures) typically have a bearing on GPU temps too, especially within the extremely confined spaces of a MacBook.
If you'd like, you can refer to the Intel Mac Temperature Database to see the various temperature ranges reported by users. You can also filter the list by model etc.