I bought a set of BlitzWolf VR Goggles to use with iPhone X, and the headset came bundled with a Bluetooth VR hand controller/mouse. In order to test this setup I downloaded a VR Roller Coaster app. And this is where my issues began, as in order to actually enter the VR environment I had to:
- Clip my phone into the VR Goggles faceplate, but not close it up
- Use my fingers on the phone to select the VR Roller Coaster App and start it executing.
- Close up the goggles.
- Put the headset on my head.
- Enjoy missing out the first few moments of the game.
This is not the VR experience I was sold on. I had imagined that:
- I would pop the phone in the goggles
- Place the goggles on my head
- Use the VR controller to navigate my phone and to initiate the VR app
- etc. etc.
The bundled VR controller did not perform the functionality I desired (and its instructions imply that it cannot/does not do what I want, however it may do so under Android).
Does iOS support any bluetooth controller that will give me the VR experience that I want? EG an onscreen mouse cursor of some sorts.