I have an iMac Retina 5k 27", late 2015 and I also have Dell monitor which supports VGA, HDMI,and DVI inputs. I want a dual monitor setup by using this Dell monitor as the second monitor.
My question is how can i do it? Should I use a cable converter to connect it? Is there setting should I change in macOS?
I bought a DVI to Thunderbolt converter. When I tried to plug it in, I just saw a blank screen in second monitor.
Here is the specs of iMac:
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
- Processo: r 3.2 GHz Interl Core i5
- Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
- Startup: Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB