I have a 13" MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) that is failing to fully boot.
What happens once I press the power button:
- Screen turns on, and the typical boot-up loading screen with the Apple logo appears
- Once the loading progress bar reaches about halfway, the screen goes black
- About 10 seconds later, the login screen appears
- I click on my account, type my password, and press enter
Now this is when the funky stuff begins....
- The computer does not transition from showing the password box to the loading bar
- Sections of the screen are now gray & green and slightly jittery
After roughly 2 minutes of spazzing out with along with the odd colors showing up....
- Screen goes black
- Fan is still fanning
- Repeated beeping noise
Annnddd thats when I hold the power button and come to you fellas for some help
I'm looking to diagnose the problem in order to hopefully fix it, any help/recommendation/advice would be much appreciated.
Thinking the graphics card might be the problem, I did the following:
- Uninstalled macOS
- Installed Debian without GUI (command-line only)
At the end:
- Laptop does not freeze anymore
- Laptop does not beep anymore
- No more black/green/gray pixels