My playlist won't sync to my iPod because there's Apple Music mixed in the playlist. I didn't think I had any Apple Music in my library. How can I tell which song is Apple Music and which song I own?
There’s no way on iOS other than turning off the Apple Music and seeing what tracks remain. (doing that, You should retain all settings and be able to re-enable it as soon as you have your answer.)
You can easily see this on iOS and in iTunes, though with one smart playlist. That playlist syncs to iOS so you could go that route, too:
Match iCloud Status is Apple Music and you're done on the Mac. Then you will see your Apple Music Playlist on iOS under your Library - below the Apple Music curated playlists, under the genius playlists where the Smart Playlists are indicated with a multi colored gear.
this article is useful explaining the difference and how you can check this using iTunes: https://www.imore.com/how-check-if-your-macs-songs-are-uploaded-matched-purchased-or-apple-music-drm-laden
If checking Apple Music status is the sole purpose, you could use iMazing’s free trial to browse your library. With iTunes you would have to check each file manually, whereas iMazing lists the status of each track. Disclaimer: I work for the team.
- Install iMazing on your PC or Mac (you’ll find it easily), and launch it
- Connect an iPhone or iPad to your computer, iMazing will detect it
- In iMazing, select the device you just connected and click the Music icon
- Click ‘Import from iTunes’, this will show you your iTunes music library
- Tracks marked with an Apple icon are Apple Music tracks