I have a 2011 Macbook Pro (Retina), and a 2011 iMac. Both are running macOS 10.12.6. I'm trying to share files between my iPad Mini 2 (retina) running iOS 10.3 using the app Groovebox.
Airdrop works perfectly fine between the iPad and Macbook, no issues at all, it "just works". But between the iPad and iMac doesn't work at all and I can't figure out why.
I've tried, in no particular order:
- Rebooting iMac
- Rebooting iPad
- Quit & relaunch iOS App
- Deactivate/reactivate Bluetooth and Wifi on iPad
- Deactivate/Reactivate Wifi on iMac
- Deactivate the iMac Ethernet Service leaving only Wifi running
- Disconnect the physical ethernet cable from the iMac
- Open Finder on iMac and open AirDrop window
I'm out of ideas on why this refuses to work. The iMac just doesn't appear to the iPad at all, only the MBP shows up.
EDIT: I'm wondering if it could actually be the same issue asked in this question? I seem to recall that my iMac didn't support Bluetooth LE but I could be wrong.