I saved a word document to a path similar to: "something/にほん.docx" then closed down Word as it appeared to save successfully. I looked in Finder and the file wasn't there. I opened Word again, and I can see the file in the "Recent documents" folder but when I try to open it I get "this document is either deleted or not currently accessible". Is there a way to recover it? Obviously I can rename it to something using the roman alphabet.
Possibly relevant info:
- I am on macOS 10.13.1 on a 15 Inch Mid-2015 Retina MacBook Pro.
- My Mac system language is English (UK).
- I have enabled hidden files in finder.
I have tried:
- Using the mv terminal command to rename the file. It says the file cannot be found.
- Setting my primary system language to Japanese. Still no sign of the file.
Does anybody have anything else I could try?