I have a MacBook Pro with full disk encryption. I'd like to secure my information from someone who steals my computer or has physical access to it while it's unattended. Are any of these methods more effective than others?
- Lock Screen with password required
- Log out
- Shut down
I'm interested in attacks that would allow them to unlock and use the computer as well as ones that would allow them to access information stored on the computer without unlocking it.
This question is partly theoretical, so for the current purposes please assume that:
- The attacker can't guess / brute-force the password
- I'm not concerned about hardware attacks like inserting a hidden microphone or physical keylogger
- I'm not interested in options to remotely wipe or lock the computer
- I understand that there's no such thing as perfect security; I'm just interested in differences between the options