This question already has an answer here:
I am currently using a MacBook Pro 2015 with Iris Pro 2G graphic card, which supports up to 2 extended display (I tried to setup 3 extended monitor - 2x Thunderbolt 2 + 1x HDMI, it won't work, 1 screen has to go dark). On the other hand I also have a MacBook Pro 2013 with a broken screen. Both MBPs have 2x Thunderbolt port and 1x HDMI.
MBP 2015 has a 3-screen setup:
- Laptop screen
- Thunderbolt 2 to DVI on FHD monitor (extended)
- HDMI to DVI on FHD monitor (extended)
MBP 2013 has a single screen setup:
- Laptop screen - broken
- Thunderbolt 2 to DVI on FHD monitor (mirror, not extended)
My question is,
- Is it possible to use a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 2 cable connect these 2 MBP and make the 2013 MBP's FHD monitor as another extended display to make MBP 2015 to total of 4 screens?
- If not, any suggestion to make the most of the MBP 2013?