- Apple TV 4K
- iiyama ProLite E2273HDS LED monitor, with built-in speakers
- iPad Pro
- iPhone 6S
- HDMI, from Apple TV to monitor
I am temporaily using my Apple TV 4K with a computer monitor, instead of a conventional TV - connected via HDMI.
It's working great, except that the only way I've found to control the volume of the built-in speakers is via the very fiddly on-screen menu.
Is there an easy way via the Apple TV to control the sound volume on a computer monitor with built-in monitors, without using the monitor's on-screen menu?
Things I've tried:
- Using the volume control on the Apple Tv's remote - it tells me to use the remove control for my TV, which doesn't exist
- Use AirPlay or Screen Mirroring on iPhone and iPad to send to AppleTV - the iOS devices then don't allow the volume to be changed
- Search online for inline HDMI devices to control volume - I didn't find anything