Currently I have an LG Ultra Fine 5K Display and a MacBook Pro with TouchBar. I have one cable connecting my laptop to the monitor that takes care of power, display and USB. I'm using the cable that came with the monitor.

I'm looking for either a right angle connector or a cable with one right angled connector that does all of the above.

I've tried the Goliton? 90 Degree Right Angled USB-C USB 3.1 Type-C Male to Female Extension Data Cable for Macbook Tablet - 20CM with no luck

I'd prefer something with this shape but will be happy with any right angle, even if it's a short cable "dongle." Does such a thing exist and, if so, does anyone have a recommendation?

enter image description here

  • You would be looking for a 90 degree angled Type C DisplayPort or Thunderbolt cable. I know of none on the market and of the right angled DP products, their quality is extremely poor. Is there a reason it needs to be right angled? – Allan Jan 27 '18 at 23:11
  • What was the issue with the Golitin? cable - was it nonfunctional? There is an answer on Amazon saying that it does not pass power (though some mention it does...) - was this the issue you had? – Scot Jan 27 '18 at 23:13
  • @Allan - Just to help how my desktop setup is. – Jason Jan 28 '18 at 0:40
  • @ Scot - Mine got power when I used it but no video at all - I didn't even try the USB hub that's in the monitor – Jason Jan 28 '18 at 0:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .