In our office, we have a printer accessible through our network. I was able to find and add the printer to my mac, which is El Captain, but it is not working since it requires authentication. When adding the printer, there is nowhere I can insert my credentials. Also, when added, there is nowhere I can authenticate! Any help is appreciated.
- Right-click on the toolbar in the gap between Windows and the Search bar, then choose Customise Toolbar….
- Add the Advanced button to the toolbar and Done.
- Choose the Advanced tab you just added.
- Choose Type: Windows printer via spoolss.
- For URL, enter
smb://followed by the address you were already entering.
- You will need to manually set the driver. Choose a Driver… → Select Software….