I have, due to aborted imports, many duplicate emails. How can I find these duplicate emails and delete them, the best would be to archive them first, just to be safe.
I found http://www.nickshubin.com/articles/mac/remove_mail_duplicates.html - does Araxis still do the job? Also: Any experiences with the script at http://bohemianboomer.com/2015/02/free-how-to-remove-duplicate-email-messages-in-os-xs-mail-app/ ?
Any recommendations how I can solve this mess? I don't feel like exporting to a local imap server, using Thunderbird to delete duplicates and to re-import them.
The duplicate emails are in my local mail folder, so no imap et al involved.
What I did so far:
- Switched of Mail
- moved the local filestorage out of the mail folder
- restarted Mail and deleted it from there again, as it was still there
- used Gemini duplicate remover to remove all duplicane messages (any other should have worked as well
- I did not touch the attachments!
- Will import the mail again and I hope that the duplicates are gone
Any comments to this procedure? If it works, I will post it as an answer.