As an Ubuntu and MS-Windows user, I regularly used the hotkey to snap a window to half the screen. This feature was built-in to the operating system. There are 7 year old threads which lists third party apps, which means enough time has elapsed to build the capability into the OS.

Question: What is the proper term that one would use to search? Is the capability baked into 2018 versions (10.11.6) of OSX?


It’s not baked in. Magnet seems to be the most popular app, and it’s what I use.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .