Whenever I receive a notification from mail, I hear the notification sound but the banner shows up 3-5 seconds later. There is a delay between the notification sound and notification banner. This problem is only specific to mail app. How can I fix it? I have tried restarting and some other standard/quick fixes but nothing helped. This issue also came up after I updated to High Sierra. I would appreciate any help!
Had the same issue on a 2017 27" iMac. Spoke to Apple support....(I have APPLE CARE)
They had me do 3 things:
I was plagued with this issue too since upgrading to High Sierra, here's how I fixed it:
- Close the Mail app;
- Go to Settings - Notifications - Mail;
- Select "None" for the alert type;
- Untick ALL of the other options for Mail notifications;
- Close Settings;
- Open Mail and hit send and receive;
- Close Mail;
- Go back to the notification settings for Mail and restore the previous settings (or whatever you want to use in there);
These steps got me rid of the annoying 5 second delay between the notification sound and the popup showing up, hope it works for you guys as well.