I want to create a new PDF file from a rectangular region of an existing PDF file, old_file.pdf. Currently, I use the following rather laborious process:
- Open the old_file.pdf in Preview.
- Chose the rectangular regions using rectangular selection.
- Copy the region using cmd c.
- Paste the region into an empty slide in a Keynote file, using cmd v.
- Export that single slide (by hiding all others) into a new_file.pdf.
- Open new_file.pdf in Preview, chose and crop the rectangular region, then save the file and exit Preview.
Surely, there must be a better way. What is it?