I was trying to make a Finder service to easily convert text encoding of some files. Because the default charset for Simplified Chinese in Windows is the Chinese national standard GB18030 (not the UTF-8 used on Mac).
With some help from the answers at services - Automator Get Filename of Selected File - Ask Different, I set up Service receives selected: Files or folders in:Finder
Then, I made this Shell script in Automator:
for f in "$@" do iconv -f gb18030 -t utf-8 f > f.new done
However, when I run the service when selecting
f, I don't see the newly created
f.new in Finder. I guess I have set the output path wrong. But I don't know what is the right way to fix it.