I use DoubleCommander, which is a decent 2-panel file manager. What I am missing is a viewer for the use case of peeking at a text file, especially logs:
- quick to load
- handles large text files (GBs)
- handles page up/down
- allows find / next / previous / highlight
- remembers the searched strings
- zoom, ideally with Control + mouse wheel
- capable of closing with "esc"
- capable of reloading the file on demand (F5)
- remembers the position over reloads
- ideally, configurable key shortcuts etc.
In short, something to quickly open the file, find a string, have it open, reload when necessary at roughly the same place. Developers will find this very familiar.
Is there such app? Sublime it aint, File Viewer neither, jEdit neither, TextEdit neither... I've tried quite a lot of them but there's always some blocker.
Both Krusader and Total Commander have great viewers, so I believe Mac community produced one, too. (Not counting running Total Commander in Wine :)