I have recently purchased a SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250BW) ) I followed following steps in order to do the clean installation:
Step 1: Terminal > "diskutil erasedisk hfs+ External GPT /dev/disk2"
Step 2: Plugged a 16GB USB and Tried creating bootable with - Terminal using command and also tried with "Disk Creator".
Restart the mac > Hold the Option Button > Selected the 16GB Drive and Selected the option of installation on the new SSD. [The SSD is formatted via APFS format. Tried with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as well.]
Note: the SSD after installing High Sierra works flawless while connected externally via USB, but shows the "Prohibitory Symbol" when attached internally and loads the OS after 10 minutes and its very slow.
Don't want to try Carbon Copy Cloner as i tried and when i connected the SSD internally it was same.
- Boot in safe mode: Same Results. No change.
- Reset NVRAM - Same Results. No Change.
- resetting the SMC - Same Results. No Change.
- Diagnostic Test. ( No Problems found )
Currently the thread is also upon at This Website
My Macbook Pro Configuration
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Thank You in advance.