My girlfriend has just got an iPhone. I've created a free apple account for her and added it to a family, with myself as the organiser, thinking that this would mean she could download my purchased apps. But whenever she tries to download an app that I've purchased from the list of my purchases, she gets this message:
This redownload is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled.
If she tries do download it from the main store, she is prompted for payment info. In either case, no app is downloaded.
- Apps I've had for years
- An app I downloaded today
- Paid and fee apps
- Everything at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088
- Everything at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201454
- Signing out of iTunes and back in (both of us)
- Disabling and re-enabling purchase sharing
- Enabling automatic downloads of apps
I'm not willing to try:
- Adding a payment method for my girlfriend - with nothing else working, I don't trust them not to charge it
- Erase and restore the phone - too much faff
- Removing and re-adding her to the family - I've read there's a limit on how often you can do this
How can I use Family Sharing for purchased apps? Does it even work? It really feels at this point like the feature doesn't work at all and that Family Sharing is just a lie.