Is there a way with Apple Notes to set a time to be reminded of a note, as in Google Keep? Or must I set a reminder separately which reminds me to check the note?
If you're using Notes within macOS you can trigger a reminder fairly easily. To do so, follow these steps:
- Within Notes on macOS, ensure you have a note selected
- In the toolbar, click on the Share icon and select the Reminders option (alternatively you can go to File > Share > Reminders)
- This brings up a Reminders popup pre-populated with the name of your selected note
- Now click on the Info icon at top right of the popup to set how you want to be reminded (see screenshot below)
The above screenshot shows the popup that appears when I created a dummy note called Luke's Question and then opted to share it to Reminders. By clicking on the blue info icon I get the options to remind me on a day, etc.
- Click on the Add button at bottom right to add it to your Reminders
Now at the appointed time (or location) you'll get a reminder about the note. And, if you originally created the note as part of your iCloud notes, then this will get synced to your other devices as well.